Home >> Online Payments >> Commodities Fee Collection >> FAQ

Commodities Fee Collection
Frequently Asked Questions

For which commodities can I use the online application process?

Currently, commodities remitting on a monthly and quarterly basis can be processed online. In the near future, semi-annual, and annual remittances will be added, along with other Department license and tonnage fees. Our goal is to generate a web-based process online for all license and fee payments due. This will result in less mailings and issuance of multiple checks and generate a savings to both you and our agency.

What does this service cost?

For online transactions, there is a 2.49% plus $1.75 fee when using a credit card. There is a $1.75 fee when using eCheck (ACH). Please note that these fees are non-refundable.

You will have the opportunity to review all applicable fees prior to finalizing your transaction. At that point, you will have the option to cancel your transaction and pay via a traditional, offline method. Online payment is an alternative to traditional type of payments and is considered voluntary.

Technical issues: 402-471-7810 or ne-support@nicusa.com

Will I get a receipt for the online payment?

Yes. Once you have completed the payment process, you have an opportunity to print a receipt for the transaction.

If the business name has changed or if the business has a new owner, can I pay online?

If you are changing names or you have an address change, the system will ask you this question, and you will be able to update this information online. For change of ownership, you can file online only the fees due under the previous ownership. Please contact our office to report the ownership change and a new firm ID will be set up.

Who do I contact with questions regarding policy or completing the form?

You may contact the Department of Agriculture Fee Collection at 402-471-6819 or 888-766-3603 or e-mail.